This scholarship honors Maureen Tobin, a Stamford parent volunteer who was active in her children’s school PTO’s and PTC before she passed away. It is awarded yearly to a high achieving Stamford Public School High School senior, or seniors, who plan(s) on attending college. The Scholarship fund consists of contributions made by the member PTOs.
Application Deadline: TBA
- The Candidate must be a graduating student from one of Stamford’s public high schools.
- A scholarship of no less than $500 will be awarded.
- The Parent Teacher Council will endeavor to award scholarships that are representative of the Stamford student population.
- The Candidate must return the completed application (including transcripts) and two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from school personnel, to the Guidance Office by the deadline date. No application will be accepted after the deadline date.
- The Candidate must be accepted by an institution of higher learning.
- Consideration of the following areas will be weighted by the Scholarship Committee:
- Financial Need
- Community Service
- Written Essay
- Work Experience
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- At the awards ceremony, a certificate will be given to each recipient.
- Upon notification, the Parent Teacher Council will forward the Scholarship Award to the school that the student will attend or the award can be given directly to the student. Please note however, that if the student is receiving financial aid, the aid amount may decrease by the scholarship award amount. Students are responsible for reporting the amount to the IRS if choosing to receive it directly. Please make sure the student discusses with their parent/guardian and informs PT Council of their decision. Recipient(s) must claim the Scholarship Award prior to June 30th of the following year.